At Paragon Salon, we offer some of the best facials in the Philadelphia, PA area. We’d like to welcome you to experience the best skin care products and facial treatments by coming to our beauty salon. They help maintain and glorify your skin, especially with monthly checkups. So, why are facials good for you?
Even though you might enjoy getting a facial occasionally because they feel good and provide you with some calm, relaxation time, they actually offer plenty of other benefits, too. It probably comes as no surprise, but facials are good for the health and wellness of your skin, which is why more and more people are opting to get them.
● They improve circulation – Facials will restore the blood circulation in your face’s skin layers while increasing the flow of oxygen into the skin cells. This improved circulation gives your skin a healthy glow and also reduces the appearance of dry and wrinkled skin. This means that facials can help give you a more youthful appearance by renewing your skin cells.
● They cleanse the skin – Facials will cleanse your pores on a deeper level. You can wash your face with soap and water all you want. But the problem is you won’t get the same benefits as you would if you decided to get a facial. They cleanse the skin by removing toxins caused by the pollution, dirt, and grease that you encounter in your everyday life.
● They keep you looking young – Facial treatments can almost be considered being related to the Fountain of Youth. Although they won’t keep you from actually getting older, they can make it look like you’re not climbing up the age ladder. They rejuvenate the skin by reducing wrinkles and can even help even your skin tone and lighten dark spots. But still, don’t forget to put on that sunscreen!
Cold weather, harsh winds, and dry indoor air all conspire to suck the moisture out of skin during the winter months. Paragon Beauty Salon offers best facials in Philadelphia. And suggests to follow these simple steps daily to keep your skin smooth and hydrated.
6 Tips to Keep Your Skin Beautiful and Healthy This Winter.
Of course, with best facials in Philadelphia from Paragon Salon your skin will be clean and bright, but don’t forget the aftercare:
1. Avoid taking long hot baths or showers during the winter months. Hot water can rob the skin of its moisture. Instead, use moderate-temperature water for shorter periods of time.
2. If you take a bath, add a few drops of essential oil to the water to help moisturize the skin. Jasmine, chamomile, ylang-ylang, neroli, lemon, geranium, rosemary, peppermint, clary sage can help balance not only skin, but your physical and emotional health in general.
3. Lubricate skin with essential oils or pure cocoa butter after showering or bathing. Cocoa butter is a natural alternative to petroleum-based moisturizers. Apply the oils or moisturizer to the skin when it’s slightly damp. That way, moisture becomes trapped in the skin rather than evaporating in the air.
4. Exfoliate dry skin with a gentle body scrub as often as needed. Two to three times weekly should be plenty. Grinding up one-half cup of pine nuts in a blender or food processor and mixing it with two tablespoons of light oil is a perfect homemade recipe. Rub the mixture all over your body in gentle circular motions, and rinse off.
5. Use a humidifier to keep moisture in your home and office air, or keep a bowl of water on your radiators to add moisture to the air. The higher the heat indoors, the less humidity there will be. (It’s the humidity that helps keep skin from drying out.)
6. Check the labels on your skincare products, and avoid toners and other products that contain alcohol, which can dry out the skin. Opt instead for products that contain less-drying astringent ingredients such as witch hazel.
Sometimes skin dryness is attributed to more than just a seasonal change. When it’s red, itchy, and irritated despite daily care, you may have a chronic skin condition. The most common ones—eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea. To help keep these skin conditions under control, practice relaxation techniques such as yoga, meditation, and tai chi regularly. Don’t forget, no matter how well you take care of your skin during the winter months, if you’re not eating the right foods your skin still won’t be soft, smooth, and healthy-looking. Drink at least nine cups of hydrating fluids daily (including water). And make sure you’re getting enough good fats like omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids in your diet.
At Paragon Salon, we offer the best facials in Philadelphia and luxurious skin care treatments that will leave you wanting more. We also provide a variety of other services. To learn more about our facial treatments, contact us at 215-969-6442.